Thursday, March 20, 2008

Grivel G12 Crampon

A couple of years ago I decided that I needed to get a new pair of crampons. The ones I had been using were old, not very easy to adjust and in general not that comfortable. So I looked around and ended up purchasing the G12 Crampon from Grivel. These crampons seemed to offer the best combination of technical features, comfort, ease-of-use and price.

I wasn’t looking for a pair of crampons for technical ice climbing, instead I wanted crampons that were good for general mountaineering use and perhaps a bit of ice climbing here and there. The Grivel G12 fit the bill. They are designed mostly as a mountaineering crampon but can be used on climbs and even some technical routes.

Read my full review of the Grivel G12 Crampons on Associated Content

No comments: