Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Southern Living Slow-Cooker Cookbook

Do you like to use your crock pot or slow cooker but want to expand your culinary possibilities? If you do, go out and get yourself a copy of the Slow-Cooker Cookbook from Southern Living. This book provides 123 recipes that put some spice and variety into your slow cooker cooking.

Me, I've always had a slow cooker but besides a few chicken dishes, I'd never really explored any other cooking beyond that. That's why I had the Slow Cooker Cookbook on my wishlist one Christmas and why I was really happy when I got it. This book provides over a 100 different recipes for various slow cooker meals. With that many recipes, it guarantees that I'll not only find something I like, but that my partner will like too.

This book doesn't really start off slow at all, after the table of contents and a quick welcome, it jumps right into the recipes. They are broken six major categories. Beef, poultry and pork make up the first three sections of recipes, while meatless dishes, other meats and then extras round out the sections. The extras section has a mixed bag of recipes with some desserts, dips and casseroles.

No comments: