Saturday, June 06, 2009

Fort Raleigh National Historic Site - Roanoke Island, NC

IMG_2668
Having been to the Outer Banks area several times and never stopping at the Fort Raleigh National Historic Site, I was excited to be going there for the first time on my latest trip. I will admit though, I was a bit disappointed after we had walked around for a bit, not so much for what was there, but what wasn't there.

I really don't know what I was expecting, but after reading accounts of the lost colony on Roanoke Island, I guess I just expected more than what the historic site has to offer. It's a simple site that includes a small visitor center, some informational signs, a reconstruction of Fort Raleigh and then several nature trails that take you through the area.

Read my full review of the Fort Raleigh National Historic Site on Roanoke Island, North Carolina on Epinions

No comments: