Thursday, September 03, 2009

Minute Man National Historical Park - Lexington, Lincoln & Concord, Massachusetts

North Bridge
Sometimes you forget exactly what you've got around you and that is what happened with me and the Minute Man National Historical Park in Lexington and Concord, Massachusetts. Literally less than an hour away from me, this park is host to the first battle of the American Revolution and allows you to get a first hand look at the locations and the land, tells you the story of how the Revolution started and provides plenty of history on the towns and the surrounding region.

I've visited the park several times, in the summer, spring and wintertime. I'd say the best is spring or fall since most of the exhibits and historical areas are open, but it's not quite as crowded as it can be in the summer. Though be warned, on Patriot's Day (mid-April), the park goes crazy because there's a reenactment of the battle of April 19, 1775. Literally tens of thousands of people come to watch the reenactment. I've always wanted to go, but the logistics have always escaped me.

Read my full review of Minute Man National Historical Park in Lexington, Lincoln and Concord, Massachusetts

No comments: