Sunday, June 20, 2010

SIGG Traveler - Screw Top Water Bottle (1L / 33 oz)

I like my old plastic water bottles, but I have gotten myself a few of the new aluminum bottles just to see how they work and if they are going to replace my old Nalgene 32-Ounce Wide-Mouth Bottles. The verdict? I really like the Sigg 1-Liter Aluminum bottles but I think for the most part, they won't completely replace my current Nalgene collection. Perhaps over time, but I do find a few limits on the Sigg bottles.

The biggest issue for me is the narrow mouth of the bottle. This makes it great for drinking from. I rarely spill on myself like I've done with wide-mouthed Nalgene bottles, but it makes it very hard to add ice cubes to a bottle or to get mixes into the bottle without making a mess. It can also be a bit of a pain if you're trying to fill it in the outdoors, though that one I haven't run across too much. My problem that way is that I like to make sure I haven't gotten dirt or other solids in the bottle when I'm bottling up surface water (before I've purified it with iodine or whatever else).

Read my full review of the Sigg Traveler Water Bottle on Epinions

No comments: