Friday, October 19, 2007

Hilo Hawaiian Hotel

park in front of hotel

If you’re looking to stay on the eastern side of the Island of Hawaii in the Hilo area, the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel is one of your best bets. It’s not very new or even really fancy, but overall it does a decent job at providing a comfortable stay in a convenient location.

When we were planning our trip to Hawaii one of the great unknowns was what the hotels were like. In Hilo there were only a few hotels and judging from the websites and information from our travel agent, we went with the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel for a total of three nights. My partner and I stayed in one room, while my parents and my brother stayed in another room. Thus, we had a chance to explore different rooms and the various amenities offered by the hotel. I can’t say I was overly impressed or disappointed by the hotel – it was everything it said it was on the website, but at the same time, I think there are some idiosyncrasies with hotels in Hilo itself and I wasn’t quite prepared for them.

Read my full review of the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel in Hilo, Hawaii

No comments: