Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Geology Of National Parks by Ann G. Harris, Esther Tuttle and Sherwood D. Tuttle

Want to get an overview of every National Park’s geology? You can with Geology of National Parks, a very large book that gives you a basic understanding of each park’s geology.

Every National Park? Yes, they are all there. From the volcanoes of Hawaii to the rock beaches of Acadia.

This isn’t the kind of book you’ll take with you on a trip to a National Park (it’s almost 900 pages long!), but it’s a great book to have as a reference before you go on a trip. I always take it out before I visit a park, even if I have a more detailed book for the park. I just like the way that it provides a straightforward and quick introduction to the park’s geology. Think of it as a warm up for more detailed geologic readings.

Read my full review of the Geology Of National Parks by Ann G. Harris, Esther Tuttle and Sherwood D. Tuttle on Epinions

No comments: