Thursday, May 22, 2008

Papa Gino's

Growing up in New York I had the luxury of great pizza almost everywhere I went – it really was the rare occasion that I came across a pizzeria or restaurant with a bad pizza. However, once I moved to New England (starting with Vermont, then to Maine and now in Massachusetts), I realized that the almost infinite choices of excellent pizza in New York were just a fantasy in New England.

I don’t know what it is, but it’s hard to get a good pizza here. On my trips back to New York, the first thing I ask my parents to do is order pizza so it’s there when I get there.

Enter Papa Gino’s, which to me is one of the better pizza places that is scattered throughout New England. It’s a chain restaurant that has locations almost everywhere in Massachusetts (though not in Boston), Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine and New Hampshire. Its in the rest areas along the Mass Pike and you’ll find a restaurant in almost any good size town.

Read my full review of Papa Gino's on Epinions

No comments: