Sunday, August 03, 2008

Komperdell Northern Lights Trekking Poles

I never really thought much of trekking poles until a few years ago when I noticed my balance wasn't quite what it used to be. I started using hiking sticks and then when I saw the Komperdell Northern Lights Trekking Poles on sale at REI, I figured they would be worth a try.

I'm glad I did. It turns out that both my partner and I like them, so much that I'm in the market for a second set for him. At first we'd take the set hiking on our own and during hikes together, we'd split them, each of us getting one. That worked for a while, but for especially steep downhill climbs, it turns out that my partner benefited from the two poles more than I did. So now, I tend to be poleless when it comes to the downhill sections of our hikes.

Read my full review of the Komperdell Northern Lights Trekking Poles on Epinions

No comments: