Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Donut Shop Coffee K-Cups | Coffee People Roasters

$13 on Amazon
Donut Shop Coffee for the Keurig System is billed as an extra bold, medium roast coffee.  I like the coffee, but honestly think it’s more of a mild blend, especially when compared to other bold coffees that are available for the Keurig.

I drink the Donut Shop Coffee as a morning coffee and enjoy it, though if you want something really bold, this is not the coffee for you.

Donut Shop Coffee for the Keurig System is billed as an extra bold, medium roast coffee.  I like the coffee, but honestly think it’s more of a mild blend, especially when compared to other bold coffees that are available for the Keurig.  I drink the Donut Shop Coffee as a morning coffee and enjoy it, though if you want something really bold, this is not the coffee for you.

Donut Shop Coffee Basics 

The coffee is described as a “simple, fresh, bold and flavorful” and a “sweet, full-bodied all-American classic” coffee.  I would agree with that general description, though I would question the bold claim.  This coffee aims to be your traditional cup of coffee that you would have gotten as a classic companion to breakfast in years past.

The coffee is roasted and made by Coffee People out of the Pacific Northwest and is made with 100% Arabica coffee beans.

The coffee brews well in the K-Cup system.  It is actually one of the best that I have tasted from the system, though I think that the mellowing of the bold flavor is caused by the Keurig System since I never seem to find really bold coffee with my K-Cups.

My experiences with Donut Shop Coffee 

I stumbled upon this coffee in a K-Cup sale and since then have bought it several more times.  It usually is a few dollars cheaper than similar Green Mountain Coffee brands and overall it is a good coffee for me to have every morning.  It does not bother my stomach, even after multiple cups and it has a smooth, flavor that makes for a great morning pick-me-up.

I do really think that the coffee captures some of that “All-American Classic” coffee that you would get a diner with your breakfast.  The coffee tastes good but does not try to be any more than that, which I can appreciate it.  Sometimes I think that with proliferation of ground coffee and K-Cup varieties, there is only so much that we can appreciate.  The Donut Shop Coffee sticks to simple and good flavored coffee that goes down easily, but is rich and bold enough to wake you up in the morning.

Out of the many K-Cup varieties that I have tried, this Donut Shop Coffee is one of the better brews in the Keurig System.  It holds its flavor and most of its boldness through the brewing process.  I do not end up with a watered down cup of coffee flavored water, like I have with some other K-Cup varieties.

Overall, this is one of my go-to morning coffee brews when I am using my Keurig coffee maker.

Final Thoughts 

I really was not sure what to expect when I first picked up the Donut Shop Coffee from Coffee People, but I am glad that I did.  The brew is a simple, no frills, good cup of coffee that should please most coffee drinkers.  There are not fancy flavors or twists to this coffee, it really does strive and reaches the goal of just being a good all-around cup of coffee.

If you like a full-bodied cup of coffee without all the frills, check out Donut Shop Coffee K-Cups for your Keurig coffeemaker.  I am glad that I did.

No comments: