Monday, March 03, 2008

L.L. Bean Fabric and Leather Gore-Tex Day Hiker Hiking Boots

Sometimes you never know what you are going to find. On a visit to the LL Bean Outlet Center last spring I came across a number of different hiking boots. Out of all of them, I sort of stumbled across LL Bean’s Leather and Fabric Gore-Tex Day Hikers. They looked to be a step up from your typical fabric hiking boots with significant portions of the boot being made from leather and with a stiff Vibram sole. I looked and they were my size, so I tried them on. I walked around, I jumped up and down and I went up and down the stairs several times. They still felt comfortable, actually more comfortable than the boots I was using at the time for hiking.

Once I started hiking in them, I really was amazed. I hadn’t expected much but these boots have turned out to be a perfect mix of lightweight and heavyweight boots. They are great for pretty much any kind of day hike and even provide enough support and comfort for an overnight backpacking trip.

No comments: