Sunday, February 01, 2009

Canon PowerShot A570 IS 7 Megapixel Digital Camera

I've been hemming and hawing on upgrading from the point and shoot camera that I currently have to something with greater resolution and more options. As part of that quest I was able to get my hands on my good friend's Canon PowerShot A570 IS 7.1 mega pixel digital camera for several weeks to try it out. I was also able to get her up to speed with the camera so that she could get the most out of it as possible before and after, since she had gotten the A570 last year, but continued to use her older Kodak digital except for ocassionally using this one.

My first impression of the A570 was that it didn't look all that different from the PowerShot A75 I had gotten my partner several years ago. It was a bit more compact and lightweight, but overall the PowerShot has retained the same shape and general size as the line has evolved. That said, the number of features and functions has changed dramatically except for the one thing I always hated about our A75, which is still present with the A570. There is a significant shutter lag for most photos, especially in low-light conditions.

Read my full review of the Canon PowerShot A570IS 7-Megapixel Digital Camera on Epinions

No comments: